Boat of Garten is a lovely quiet village, ideally placed to explore the many attractions of the Cairngorms National Park.
It is also known as "the Osprey Village" due to the well-known Osprey Centre at nearby Loch Garten. The whole area is well known for bird-watching and there is a convenient hide overlooking Milton Loch at the edge of the village. The Strathspey Steam Railway stops conveniently at Boat of Garten station.
Boat of Garten Golf Club is widely known as one of the best in the area - a real "Highland Gem"! The village also boasts two shops (one a Post Office) and 2 very good restaurants, all within a short walk from Ben Macdui.
For walking or cycling there are countless forest trails accessible from the village, including the Speyside Way. For skiers, we are only 6 miles from Aviemore ,15 miles from the Cairngorm ski area and 28 miles from the Lecht. Nethy Bridge (4 miles), Grantown on Spey (9 miles) and Carrbridge (5 miles) are also worth a visit.
- Strathspey Steam Railway (200 yds)
- Boat of Garten Golf Club (300 yds)
- Loch Garten Osprey Centre (2.5 miles)
- Landmark Forest Adventure Park - Carrbridge (5 miles)
- Aviemore (6 miles)
- Cairngorm Ski area (15 miles)
- Highland Wildlife Park, Kincraig (15 miles)
- Lecht Ski area (28 miles)
What To See And Do
- Landmark Forest Adventure Park
Landmark Park is a great day out for families and is situated in Carrbridge, only 5 miles from Boat of Garten. It is an adventure fun park, combined with learning about nature